Monday 4 November 2013

The Gordon's Goodbye.

- Well done, you almost got me.
- But.. ¿What the f…? –Gordon was trying to sit up until he realized that a hand was keeping him lying. He didn’t recognize the sound of that voice, but suffering an assault at home is never a good sign.  
- Don’t waste your energies that fast, boy. You will probably need them. Have you already recognized me, or do you need me to light up the room?

Gordon’s just got paralyzed. He had been looking for that terrorist almost all of his life, and he was just sitting there, beside his bed, holding his shoulder like an amorous mother. After adapting enough his eyes to the dim light, he saw for the very first time the face of that guy who was the center of his live for so many years. He could clearly recognize him. That was just how he was always look inside his mind. That sarcastic smile, his so-deep eyes, that characteristic coat… Dammit, he’d always known so well the guy that we could probably recognize him in the middle of the street despite never meeting him.
But… ¿what the hell was happening with his body? He just felt so damn heavy. ‘Oh, god, only if I could get my gun. Wait a sec..’, he tried to slip quietly his hand down the pillow searching  his desert eagle when…

- It is not there, Gordon. I put it on the side table. Grab it if you really want to, I won’t stop you. I just wanted to say goodbye personally, you really deserve it. You are the one who reach farthest, the only one that was that much near to catch me and, believe me, I would really enjoy continuing our game; but at this moment are too much issues grabbing my attention, and keeping distractions like you would be such a recklessness. But I am really sorry. As compensation, don’t worry, I’ll make that your family and everyone else remind you as an hero, I’ll bring to them a trophy so they think that you die fighting and winning, but you just risk so much and could not get back.
- You, son of a… I’m not over yet. At least I have you this close. Are you the guy who I have been chasing all over the globe? You are just a child! My daughter is even older. It’s impossible that someone like you rule most of the big terrorist organization over the world, that you could even kill Mark Filler… fuck, you are even too young to being that much thorough with the little details, making it impossible to follow your steps…
- You are really lucky that, today, I’ve promised myself that I’ll just be as benevolent as possible with you, but I dare you, DO NOT INTERRUPT ME.  I hate that to the point that I can’t even handle myself. And, also, don’t event interrupt me just for saying that. You are already done. You have been dead way before waking up. I just used that kind of slow poison which allow us to have a conversation before starting the throes. And yes. That’s who I am. Rejoice yourself thinking that you are one of the few who have seen my face. On the other hand, I’ve already admitted that you deserved it. As well as you really deserve this.
The characteristic French card magically slid from his sleeve pushed gracefully by the wind, dancing like the choreography was leaded from the director of the Russian ballet and landing over the chest of Gordon. It was the Ace of Hearts.
- Ace of Hearts? What’s the point? I’ve seen you using clubs, spades, but… Hearts?
- I’ve told you that you really deserve a special treatment. And believe me, they are so few ones who’ve done that. You were really so close at some points, moreover taking into account that you are a Non-gifted. You have never stopped your chasing, not even when your father left us. You are really an outstanding guy. You did such a good job that, more than once, I proposed myself to just let me get caught finishing this madness. Trust me, I would only let you be the guy that catch me. But I can’t. Not now, when it’s just about to start. But don’t worry, I’ve organized all your notes so, if they want, they can continue your journal. But, hopefully, they’ll need some time until someone as good as you tries to chase me. I’ll do as much as I can so that person won’t be your daughter, as well as taking care of her.  Your family have already suffered too much for this. I’m just trying to honor you before finishing this. We’ll meet again, Gordon. See you in Hell. –He just sited up and walked to the door while the detective hardly could continue breathing.
- I’ll be waiting for it. Seeing you again in hell, and once of all kill you, asshole. –None of them wiped the smile of his face. They’d really enjoyed that game. They’d lived just for that… and now one of them was also dying for.
- C’mon, I can almost hear the cops. Haven’t you finished with him yet? –The girl who entered the room had a really beautiful red hair, which bright even in the dark.  Gordon couldn’t recognize her, but just looking the smile that bring to his interlocutor, he knew her. Probably very much.
- Don’t worry, J. We’re just leaving. I’ll take care of your family, Gordon; as much as you.

BANG. The shot rang throughout the building, followed by the police sirens. Gordon tried to held the gun as a last breath. His wrist was shacking like hell. That gun just was too much heavy, but he managed to fire the terrorist. But.. he missed. It was… it was just impossible. He had never missed, even more at that distance. The bullet just went through the wall, half a meter away from the guy. He had aimed carefully. He had pointed to his neck.  That just didn’t make any sense. He dropped the gun, didn’t have any energy left.

- It would be much better if you just haven’t done that, Gordon. Your end would me much more… epic. 



----

As a first attempt, I've just tried to translate something old. I really love the history of that character, and I'll probably try to continue it as a way to keep me writing. This is the original source: http://notevasaacordar.blogspot.com.es/2010/05/no-me-vuelvas-interrumpir.html.

Kisses. Surth.

No comments:

Post a Comment